Protecting our Customers privacy is of utmost importance to Just Breethe. We respect your privacy and the confidential nature of your personal information. The purpose of this policy is to set out how, when and why Just Breethe (Pty) Ltd will use your personal information and to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI).
Terms in the Policy
- “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Just Breethe
- “you” and “your” refers to each person that access or use our platforms
- “registered user(s)” refers to anyone registered on our platforms and has provided us with personal information to order goods and services on our platforms
Personal Information we collect and process
Just Breethe will process your information in a reasonable, adequate, relevant, and purpose specific manner. We will collect and process personal information when users access and use our platforms.
We will collect the following information:
- Email address
- Physical address
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
If you’re personal information change please update or amend this information with Just Breethe.
You warrant that the information you have provided is accurate, current, true and correct and that it does not impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity.
Below the age of 18:
If you are below the age of 18, permission from your parent or guardian is required, before providing us with your personal information. We may check that the contact details provided by you are the details of your parent or guardian. If we are not able to verify such permission you are not able to utilise our platforms.
Usage data from using our Platforms:
When you access our platforms, whether or not you are a registered user, Just Breethe processes some of your personal information. Depending on how you access and use our platforms, we may receive:
- Log information, through online identifiers, including information on how, when and for how long you use our Platforms and other services, the content you view and search queries you submit.
- Information about the equipment you use to access or use our Platforms, including the type of device you are using, how you access our Platforms, your browser or operating system and your Internet Protocol address.
- The geographic location from which you accessed our Platforms, including your device’s global positioning system signal and information about nearby Wi-Fi networks and cell towers. We get this information when you use location-enabled services.
- Other information about you from third parties, such as social media services like Google, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- If you decide to register or grant us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, We may collect personal data that is already associated with Your Third-Party Social Media Service’s account, such as your name, your email address, your activities or your contact list associated with that account.
Why do we need personal information?
We process the personal information we collect and receive to:
- Identify you.
- Verify your identity.
- Fulfil our obligations to you when you have ordered goods for us to deliver those goods and process returns.
- Provide you with information, products or services you request from us.
- Communicate with you and provide you with information, products or services, customer support, resolving complaints and quality control.
- Send you information about, products or services that may interest you (unless you have opted out of receiving such information).
- Get feedback from you, which we need to develop our products and services and grow our business.
- Comply with any legal or regulatory obligations such as tax or financial laws.
- Undertake research for statistical purposes. The research and statistics we get from this process do not include your personal information and cannot be linked to you, nor can you be identified from these statistics.
Retention and Restrictions of Records
We keep your personal information for as long as:
- We require it to provide our Platforms, products or services to you.
- It is required or allowed by law and is in line with our internal retention policies.
- It is necessary to uphold the contract between you and us.
- You are in agreement for us to hold your Personal Information subject to your request for us to stop processing your Personal Information.
We will retain your personal information for as long as required to achieve the purpose for which this information was collected or subsequently processed.
By accessing and using the Platform, you consent to us retaining records of your personal information for no longer than may be necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information was initially collected or subsequently processed.
We may provide or make your personal information available to:
- Our employees to interact with you via our platforms for the ordering of good or when delivering goods to you.
- Law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity.
- Third parties, such as a potential purchaser and its professional advisors.
- Our service providers who assist us with parts of our business operations. However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your Personal Information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit or any other purpose, and must treat such information as confidential information.
- Our suppliers
Secure your personal information
We secure the integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Information in our possession or under our control by taking appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent loss of, damage to, or unauthorised destruction of Personal Information and unlawful access to or processing of Personal Information.
To maintain such measures, we have in place policies, controls and related processes, which are reviewed and updated on a regular basis. Our policies, controls and procedures cover the following:
- Physical, technical and network security.
- Access controls and monitoring of access.
- Secure storage, destruction and encryption of records of Personal Information.
- Personal Information breach reporting and remediation.
Know your rights:
Having provided adequate proof of your identity, you have the right to:
- View, correct and/or amend your personal information we process.
- Request a record or description of your personal information.
- Request to have your personal information corrected, destroyed or deleted.
- Just Breethe complying with your requests upon receipt unless we have credible reason why we cannot comply.
- Just Breethe indicating the inability to correct or delete your personal information as requested, that either a correction or deletion was requested but was not made.
- Notify you of the action taken by us because of your request.
- Notify you of unauthorised access to your personal information.
- Submit a complaint to the Information Regulator.
The contact details of the Information Regulator are available on its website at: https://justice.gov.za/inforeg/